BHAGAVAD-GITA AND KIRTAN PROGRAM
BHAGAVAD-GITA AND KIRTAN PROGRAM (by Atma and Subhie)
(CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS)
Please join us this Saturday, December 15, 2018, at 5:30 PM for the weekly Bhagavad-gita and Kirtan program!
- His Holiness Chandra Shekhara Swami will be our special guest-speaker on Bhagavad-gita As It Is, verse 17.21.
- Volunteers will recite verse 9.10 from memory in Sanskrit and English.
- As usual, the program will include two sessions of chanting in kirtan and a free vegetarian dinner.
- Admission to the program is free of charge, though donations are welcome to cover the costs.
- For the best experience, please come for the program on time!
For information, feedback or service inquiries, please leave us a message.
ABOUT THE GUEST-SPEAKER
His Holiness Chandra Shekhara Swami is a renunciante-sannyasi and a dedicated practitioner of bhakti-yoga since 1975. He gives presentations regularly in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, and occasionally in Staten Island, Long Island, Connecticut, Philadelphia, and New Jersey. He has taken part in and led missionary work for decades throughout the U.S., India, East Asia, New Zealand, and Australia. He is erudite, yet sensitive in his presentation of Krishna's divine teachings.
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Saturday evenings Atmanivedana das (Atma) and Subhangada dasi (Subhie) teach how to hear and chant sanskrit names for God, especially known as Krishna, in kirtan (accompanied by melodious and rhythmic music). Additionally, the advanced devotees of Krishna teach a systematic study of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
Bhagavad-gita As It Is is studied according to an ancient chain of teachers, starting with Krishna, and most recently His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the founder-acharya of ISKCON (the International Society for Krishna Consciousness). Classes are on fascinating topics including karma, reincarnation, the soul, the material energy, God, time, and the relationship between the soul, the material energy, and God.
Atma and Subhie's program at 26 Second Avenue started in January 2011 and is meant for all, regardless of one's familiarity with the subject matter.
ABOUT THE HOSTS
Atma and Subhie are initiated priests and have studied, followed, and taught Bhagavad-gita since 1990 and 1991, respectively. They lived in monastic settings for over 20 years combined. Atma is a securities fraud attorney, and Subhie, with a master's degree, is a schoolteacher. For more information, visit their webpage.
- December 22, 2018 - His Grace Rama Raya Prabhu
- December 29, 2018 - His Grace Krishna-kripa Prabhu